Re: [NTLK] DIL Tester kudos!

From: Smith, Bradley (bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 11:53:23 EDT

I'd love to. But, i tried it last night and my newt failed to connect?
I did everything right by the look of it. My Mac has a named address
(bradleysmith.dyndns.org), the newton is on the internet okay (SimpleMail
and web browsing both work - through ethernet) but it wouldn't connect. I
made sure I was using the same ports on both devices.
Something was happening because it took longer for the Newt ot timeout if I
had the program running than if I didn't. I was running it in Classic under
Mac OS X. I wonder if that's it? I can't run it directly in Mac OS 9 becuase
I have X configured to share my 'net connection and I don't know how to do
this under 9?

I'd love to get this working. We'd still ahve the problem of not knowing
what to pass back to the newton's Dock app when it asks for the password
challenge thingy but in theory I could break into the Dock app running on my
Windows machine and see what it sends back. That might enable us to work out
what the password is?

Brad