Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 08:44:40 EDT

Just to be fair... :)

Sushi wrote:
> Not to pick on PC folks, but almost every time I send a picture, but
> forget to append .jpg most of them can't open it. They usually send
> a message asking me what type of file it is, or can I resend the
> picture.

Not to pick on Mac folks, but almost every time I send a Newton package to a
newbie (regardless of what I might try to append to it!), most of them can't
open it. They usually send me a message asking me why they get a "document
could not be opened, because the application program that created it could not
be found" message.

At least when you are sending those pics to PC folks, you can make it work by
just remember to throw an extension on there. I've got to try to explain why
the Mac doesn't know what type of file it is -- and that they need some other
program (I suggest PackType normally) to correct it.

Just wanted to make sure we were seeing both sides of the issue there... :-)

 - John...