Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Notes2Notes patch

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 16:40:07 EST

Hi Brad,

Wow, I'm really excited to see new development on Notes2Notes. I have so
badly wanted it to work all these years, but it just never has worked very
well for me.

Unfortunately, the bug fix version still exhibits the same types of
problems I was getting before. When downloading Notes from the Newton, it
only gets to a certain point and then it stops. The dialog "Serial Port not
repsonding for 15 seconds. Check the COM port settings here and on Sloup"
comes up, this time after Entry 73 (Sloup), 60774 bytes (Notes2Notes).
Amazingly enough, if I hit "Abort" then "Refresh Newton" again, I get
another 73 entries exactly (now says "Entries 146")! A third iteration
results in ANOTHER 73 entries ("Entries 219") Weird, eh?

I can refresh Outlook and send Outlook notes to the Newton just fine.

If there's ever more development (i.e., new features), it would be sooooo
nice to be able to select just a set of folders on the Newt. I have a LOT
of notes. :-)

Anyway, thanks for the bugfix. I'm happy to guineapig if you plan to do
more work on it.

-Jeremy