Re: [NTLK] NCU via Ethernet to Classic under Mac OS X 10.1.3 - broken

From: David Abramowitz (underdog_at_erols.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 16:59:10 EST

First, I appreciate everyone's suggestions - and my settings are in line
with what you've suggested. I just determined that NewtFTP is also no longer
connecting to the PowerBook, so I'd consider that I have some other problem
here. Here's my setup:

PowerBook - Ethernet-connected to Router/Firewall
- uses DHCP
- address is 192.168.253.100
Newt - Ethernet-connected to Router/Firewall
- uses static IP (DHCP server doesn't like Newt)
- address is 192.168.253.110
- configured with same DNS servers, subnet, and router information that
PowerBook has, and this has all worked before

- Newt can connect to the Internet, although DNS lookup seems to be quirky
- Newt cannot connect to PowerBook via NewtFTP
- Newt cannot connect to NCU running on PowerBook under Classic
- PowerBook can go anywhere, do anything, resolve all DNS servers

What the hell am I doing wrong???

- Frustrated in Maryland