Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Notes2Notes patch

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 21:21:30 EST

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:

> Unfortunately, the bug fix version still exhibits the same types of
> problems I was getting before. When downloading Notes from the Newton, it
> only gets to a certain point and then it stops. The dialog "Serial Port not
> repsonding for 15 seconds. Check the COM port settings here and on Sloup"
> comes up, this time after Entry 73 (Sloup), 60774 bytes (Notes2Notes).
> Amazingly enough, if I hit "Abort" then "Refresh Newton" again, I get
> another 73 entries exactly (now says "Entries 146")! A third iteration
> results in ANOTHER 73 entries ("Entries 219") Weird, eh?

Indeed. Jeremy, can you export notes from the Newton with NewtDump
alright? NewtDump uses basicially the same serial transfer code as
Notes2Notes, so if you can dump all your notes to text with NewtDump then
the problem with Notes2Notes probably doesn't have anything to do with
Sloup or serial. (Did that sentence make sense?)