[NTLK] Urgent: white backlight experiences

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 07:05:41 EST

Hi all white backlight users,

I'm just preparing the installation of a white BL and wanted to know who has
already installed one and what experiences you got. In particular I wanted
to know the following:
1. Did you measure the actual backlight current (difference of e.g. Avi's
Backdrop current reading with BL on minus BL off)?
2. Did anyone with white or other colour BL notice any abnormal behaviour?
That would be e.g. Interruptions, changes in whining frequency or even
sudden switching off of the BL?
3. Had anybody a BL drive broken during installation or after a certain time
of using the new BL?
4. Did you eventually measure the secondary current into the BL (attention,
higher voltage!) or did you limit the secondary current by series connection
of a resistor?

I'm afraid that the BL electronics might break after a longer time of use
due to e.g. overload and overheating of some components. The higher
secondary current involves higher power to be transmitted by all involved
components and since we don't have schematics we also don't have
specifications of the components. I tried the white BL with one of my MP2k
but only during its 1min sleep time. But the BL has to operate sometimes for
much longer time and I don't want to blow-up or have my MP2k catching fire
while playing Solito :-)

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand