Re: [NTLK] "preliminaryCharge" status?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 01:32:08 EDT

> Yes, it sounds like voodoo, but it woked for me a couple of times.
> > Would you still recommend this given the above message? Still worth
trying,
After reading all this I must say that a NiMH which has been mistreated the
overall reliability of this very important element of the Newton is reduced.
If one has sort of important data on his machine or needs it for important
things it is mandatory to have fresh components. Especially the accu became
nowadays so cheap that all the effort of reconditioning is not worth the
time.
At least for me where the Newton replaces one half of my brain it is quite
essential to have it running on the best and freshest source of juice I can
get, period.

---
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG