Re: [NTLK] How can i use the newton with normal batteries...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 01:37:54 EDT

on 06/06/02 00:00, jose_ramirez_at_mac.com at jose_ramirez_at_mac.com wrote:

> I want to use my MP2000 with normal batteries (no rechargeable), in the
> manual says that the rechargeable batteries could be replaced by 4 AA
> batteries, but i dont have the battery cover, (you know when i take off
> the rechargeable battery i only have a big hole in my newton with
> nothing to cover it) can these batteries cover be purchased
> somewhere????, BTW does them have a name (that thing that i call battery
> cover)

You need a standard AA battery tray. Very hard to find these days. I think
that some people had some luck with their friendly Apple service shop, who
did order them as a part. Other than that, your best bet is probably eBay,
or Woo Lee!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way, particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later." 2. n. The resulting code.