Re: [NTLK] GPS, Maps, PC/CF card

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 03:57:18 EDT

on 01-06-2002 1:45, Verena Hamburger at wolf-heart_at_gmx.de wrote:

> My name is Verena and I'm studiing a mixture of computerscience and
> electrinoncs in Kaiserslautern, Germany. I bought a mp2100 about two
> days ago and I'm still watching and reading with mouth wide open about
> the possibilities of this "PDA".

Welcome to the list and we hope to keep you amazed for a while to come ;-)

> For I'm a having a motorbike, especially this feature amazed me. Does
> this GPS function like the ones I know from a car? I mean perhaps there
> is even a support for the audio-out of my dongle, so I can use it with
> earphones under my helmet......

As far as I know this would be dreaming, you can 'just' see on your map
where you are and there isn't any sound out on the GPS software, would have
been cool though...

> Btw I don't have any adapter plug so far, but I'm sure this won't be too
> difficult. Anyway I'd be glad for advise.
> I hope these cards are available in Europe.

The audio dongles are hard to come by, by the time I saw that Daniel was
offering them to the list they were gone already, but hoping/guessing that
there will be another offering (soon?)

> PS: Special greetings to Marco: Wie ist es in der Schweiz? Ich war noch
> nie da, mache aber wahrscheinlich meine Diplomarbeit in Z=FCrich....

I'm sure that Marco will answer there, so not to but in on a personal
question, but I love Zurich, the walk along the lake alone is worth a
visit...

Robert Benschop