Re: [NTLK] GPS, Maps, PC/CF card

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 02:58:34 EDT

> > PS: Special greetings to Marco:
> I'm sure that Marco will answer there, so not to but in on a personal
> question, but I love Zurich, the walk along the lake alone is worth a
> visit...
Well spotted Rob, I wrote some quick lines on Sun evening and more will
come. I was just to excited after the Santana open-air in Zurich, to go thru
all the 100+ NTLK mails ;-)

Regarding sound output from GPSs: I've had no chance so far to check this
feature out but I think it is helpful in a car. You don't have to watch the
Map display and wont miss the way that easy. On a motobike I think this is
not as easy as in a car. Usually is it much louder, especially the wind
noise above 50mph will kill any need for HiFi. Any other additional noise
is, IMHO, simply too much and especially a synthetic voice would be hard to
be recognised. However, GPSmap on a Newton is predestinated because it
doesn't involve mechanically moving parts and the Newton display could be
packed water thight and operable too.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG