Re: [NTLK] Urgent! Need help configuring WaveLan!!!

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 01:06:24 EDT

Laurent Daudelin wrote not long ago (7/6/02 12:45 AM):

> BTW, it's disappointing that I can't connect to NCU running in Classic under
> OS X. Anybody else? I was also unable to see my Personal LaserWriter NTR,
> bridged to my network through an AsanteTalk. Yes, my Wavelan card was set to
> use AppleTalk, but I was unable to get any AppleTalk service. Is it broken
> with the latest Wavelan driver?

I think it might be tied to the settings of the AppleTalk control panel in
OS 9. I can't change that from within OS X, but if I boot into 9, set
AppleTalk to AirPort, and then boot back into OS X and try to connect, it
seems to work.

Note that I've had stalls using the WaveLAN driver and AppleTalk when doing
package installs or backups. But at least I can connect. (I have my OS 9
AppleTalk control panel set to Ethernet built-in right now, because like I
said my AppleTalk over WaveLAN has been unreliable.)

--Jesse