[NTLK] Questions before I buy a 2100

From: Steven (steven_at_zenacon.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 08:38:38 EDT

After selling my old 2100 in 98 and moving "up" to a Palm/Windows
"solution", I have decided to go back to the Newton. It simply works better
for me. I do have a few questions since it has been a few years;

1. Is there a difference between an upgraded 2000 and a 2100?
2. I used ActionNames, is this still available? If not, what is available
and how much?
3. I want to use it with an 802.11b home network and wanted to know what
card/drivers you recommend.
4. I want to confirm that I will be able to surf the web on the LAN (what
browser?)
5. I want to confirm that I will be able to transfer data over the LAN,
eliminating the need to physically connect the MP with my XP machine.
6. How easy is it to write a note on the MP and then transfer it onto my XP
machine for use in Word?
7. I use ACT 2000 and wanted to know how to transfer the contact info into
the MP?
8. Is there a program to synch ACT with the MP?
9. Is there a simple business accounting program for the MP? Or a way to
synch with Quickbooks? I only need to track sales and expenses, nothing
beyond the most basic work.
10. Can you use other keyboards besides the Newton KB?
11. What items do I need to make sure I receive when I buy one off ebay?
12. What is the software availability and support like for the MPs?

I miss my Newton's. I owned an OMP, 120, 2000, and 2100 and regret having
abandoned the platform. I am trying to use technology to simplify my life
rather than just to have the latest gadget... the Newton made my life much
simpler.

Thank you for all of your help.

Sincerely,

Steven N. Verona