[NTLK] eMate Clock Speed?

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 12:41:44 EST

Does anyone know exactly what speed the eMate is supposed to run at?

The FAQ says 25MHz.

The eMate service manual says 27MHz.

Nick's Test It does not check, it just displays speed based on a table.
Ditto SBM Utilities.

PixSolution's software does count - or seems to count - clock speed. It
identifies my MP2100 as either 162MHz or 220 MHz depending on whether it's
sped up or not. However, the same software identifies the eMate as running
20MHz.

It also thinks the eMate is a MP130 (which does run 20MHz) and that makes me
wonder if it's really identifying the eMate's speed correctly or not.

Does anyone know how to measure clock speed within a running Newton through
software?

Or should I just stick a frequency counter on the ARM chip and try measuring
it directly?

Thanks!

-Stephanie