Re: [NTLK] Erasing "Getting Started" cards [was: newton works alphabatizing question and thanks]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 12:42:55 EST

On 28/01/02 12:14, "Mike Hamende" <mhamende_at_tsl.state.tx.us> wrote:

> Yes you get the dialog box, but when you check the erase box it tries
> and says it is not writable. I thought maybe someone had hacked around
> that to make use of all those Getting Started cards floating around ebay.

I would imagine then that the cards have been disabled for writing through
hardware. If you stick the card in, do you get the usual dialog like for
other regular flash RAM cards? Do you see the little lock indicating that
the card is write protect?

-Laurent.

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.