[NTLK] [OT] Looking for cheap ISP

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 10:51:07 EST

Dear list,

Slightly off-topic, but with the number of people on the go here, accessing
remotely their email with their Newton, I thought I should ask.

I currently access the internet through the cable. I'll be traveling this
coming Thursday for a few days to Quebec City, in Canada. I'd like to be
able to check my emails, among other things, on my PowerBook, but I might
also use my MP2100 if I can't easily setup and use my PowerBook.

So, I'm looking for suggestion on an ISP that will allow me to dial in and
get access to my mail. It doesn't have to include some disk space on the
ISP's servers, just a local phone number for access.

Any suggestion?

-Laurent.

featurectomy /fee`ch*r-ek't*-mee/ n.: The act of removing a feature from a
program. Featurectomies come in two flavors, the `righteous' and the
`reluctant'. Righteous featurectomies are performed because the remover
believes the program would be more elegant without the feature, or there is
already an equivalent and better way to achieve the same end. (Doing so is
not quite the same thing as removing a misfeature.) Reluctant featurectomies
are performed to satisfy some external constraint such as code size or
execution speed.