Re: [NTLK] Newton Fund Startup Steps

From: Chris Myers (newtman_at_plumbrook.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 12:38:32 EST

Yes, but Sushi, you are looking at it from a buyers perspective.

Why not look at it from a developers perspective. This fund/organization can
help developers. Paul himself said the ATA support he has been working on is
a herculean effort, and granted he is good enough he can handle it.

A fund and a organization can be essential to help developers who do not have
the experience/resources that more established developers have.

We could use this fund and organization to help harness other developers to
work on a project together. If we do not provide a support mechanism then it will
be an individualized effort, and unfortuantly the people with good ideas, and not
many resources will never get the chance to start their projects. I am sure there
are many people on the list who do not have a programmers background, but
have some killer ideas to help the Newton, are hesitant to follow through on a
project because they are not a programmer or a hardware designer. There
would be equal room for developers who want to continue by themselves, but
there will be the framework for the prospective developers who need the kick
start to get going.

Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html