Re: [NTLK] NewtSync Notes Programme interest?

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 12:42:47 EST

On Sunday, Dec 8, 2002, at 09:02 America/Detroit, Oliver Brose wrote:

> Could you go into detail? I envision something that, on the
> Mac end, creates a set of folders mirroring the notes-folders on the
> Newt, filling them with neat RTF-Files, and is also able to correctly
> display all data (text/ink/sketch) that one can have. Is it that what
> you plan?

I've debated exactly on how to do it.

That was one way I'd thought of doing it. RTF files are easy to deal
with in OS X, and will be the format I use, but I'd been debating how
to deal with each note...

Say I have 4 folders on the Newt: Unfiled, Buisness, Personal, and Misc

I could either use Nested folders as you've suggested with each note
being an individual RTF file, OR I could have each folder be one text
file, and all the notes strung together that way.

I was thinking that the front end would be a GUI that you can type
notes into, edit the notes that are there, etc, since that's what
serves MY interests most.

~Donald

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html