Re: [NTLK] Nethopper difficulties...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 12:04:02 EST

on 07/12/02 22:55, Scott Strungis at sstrungis_at_gmx.net wrote:

> Listers,
> Got my NH Installed. Now lots of valid URLs just don't work. I use Enet
> with a Linksys Router and Cable access.
> Sites like Low End Mac and Slashdot just don;t work. This irks cuz they
> work with Newt'scape but I like NH bwtter!

It has been mentioned a few times that NetHopper supports only early
specifications of the WWW, like HTML 1.0, not 1.1, no frame, table, style
sheets, and so on. Not even mentioning javascript. That's probably why the
sites you mention didn't show up.

-Laurent.

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator) language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax, limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.