Re: [NTLK] NewtSync Notes Programme interest?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 09:02:13 EST

>Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:12:15 -0500
>From: Donald Wilson <marchie_at_mac.com>

>I'm thinking of making a small programme that will sync via NewtySync
>with the Notes app on the Newton.

        Could you go into detail? I envision something that, on the
Mac end, creates a set of folders mirroring the notes-folders on the
Newt, filling them with neat RTF-Files, and is also able to correctly
display all data (text/ink/sketch) that one can have. Is it that what
you plan?

>Is this of interest to people?

        Yes! If your idea remotely matched my vision (s.a.) it would
almost eliminate my need for an OSX-backup utility. I always have
quite some trouble in this area, as once per semester I try and
export all my notes into RTF, but some of those are better opened
with AppleWorks, some with TextEdit, and some even with... MS Word...
*shudder*... in order to display them the way they looked on the
Newt. Not to mention that the way one exports Notes via NCU is...
crude.

Oliver :)

--
BTW - I have several bids on my bubble wrap - you snooze you lose!
Cardboard aint worth nuttin if it aint got bubble wrap.