Re: [NTLK] Overclocking the MP2x00

From: Sunder (sunder_at_sunder.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 10:47:05 EST

Then perhaps a better approach would be to find whatever the serial chip
uses as its clock, and feed it 162Mhz, and run the rest of the system at
the maximum that it will support (or find a multiplier for the serial
chip, etc... But I take it this is a custom Apple chip, not a regular
SCC?) Maybe if it were possible to reverse engineer the driver and write
a new serial port and sound drivers with new clock values? (I've seen
some SCC's that have software selectable clocks...)

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/ :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you \/|\/
  /|\ :their failures, we |don't email them, or put them on a web \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_@_sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html