Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth ??

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:11:22 EST

One of the products I saw in that list that caught my eye is this:

http://www.free2move.se/prod_spp.htm

It's compact, but still only has a Windows style RS232 connector
instead of the Mac DIN-9 connector, so one would need to use a cable to
attach the wireless adapter to the Newton! I haven't found a comparable
product with a DIN-9 connector.

I'm not really sure how useful this would be, even if it worked
flawlessly. The best we could hope for is to use serial apps
wirelessly. At home I use Wifi for everything, since at home I have a
Mac which can still use Appletalk over Wifi for NCU and other apps. At
the office I use a Windows machine where most all Newt-Desktop
communication has to occur over a serial cable. So for the office,
Bluetooth would be useful.

I guess the only way to find out is to buy one and try it... I'm not
sure how soon I'll be doing that. I think I'd rather use my money for a
copy of ATA Support just now.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Americans practice different faiths in
San Francisco, CA | churches, synagogues, mosques and temples.
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | And many good people practice no faith
Phone: 415-929-0297 | at all.
ICQ: 72267083 | -- George W. Bush, finally gets it right
AIM: jeremybondsf | in his Easter Address of 2002
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html