Re: [NTLK] Why emails and not Forums?

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 04:37:12 EST

On 2002-11-30 17:22, "d0pp13r" <roman_at_pixell.net> wrote:

> On 2002-11-29 14.56, "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I'm pretty new to the Newton world. I bought two 2100s and a 120 and
>> some accessories. I really like this little Newton community keeping things
>> alive, but I'm finding it extremely annoying having to read little messages
>> email by email. Why use emails and not forums? Forums could still be
>> subscription-based and it would be so much cooler, efficient, easier,etc Ok
>> ok maybe its the expensive hostings? Maybe we could request some space at
>> Macaddict forums? Or anywhere else?
>
> i fully agree with the previous post and would also like to see a change. i
> figure that abuse of headings/subjects would be a minor problem in forums.
> also, i think there are some quite good news reading apps for the newt.
>
> strange that this question is so rarely discussed. it is a real concern for
> me at least, to use my time as efficiently as possible.

And that is where you hit the nail on the head: for *you* at least.

Look, all three suggested forms of communication are available to the
Newtonian: mailing list, forums and newsgroups. Apparently, judging by the
volume of traffic, the mailing list is the preferred means of communication
of by far most users.

What you and the original poster are suggesting, is essentially that
*everybody* should switch to using web-based forums, because *you* like it
better.

Hm...

,xtG
.tsooJ