[NTLK] Used Newts history

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 15:57:40 EDT

OK, so it seems we've seen a lot of similarly-configured and accessorized
upgraded 2000s and 2100s available from various resellers and
liquidator-types on eBay and elsewhere over the past few months. It sounds
like perhaps one or several large companies may have dumped sizeable fleets
of our green friends on the market.

Do we know where these Newts are coming from, before the resellers get them,
or what they were used for? Do we have any evidence that they're coming from
an homogenous environment or several different sources? The discussions
about the similar package configurations got me thinking.

I'd be really curious to know if, say, some Fortune 500 company just
switched from 15,000 Newtons to 15,000 iPaqs or some such.

--Jesse