Re: [NTLK] NuShield

From: James Johnston (jimthej_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 22:13:23 EDT

On 4/8/02 18:48, "Alex" <astrilet_at_hiqsoft.com> wrote:

> I got my NuShiedl today and what a junk product!
> It just makes your screen blurier, does not decrease reflection from the
> screen a bit.
> I might just offer protection against stratches, but othe then that you can
> just
> cut piece of plastic that you use for transparency presentation and it will
> work just as good.
> Besides that shiled already have dust and pieces of small hair on them!
> I know I will be flamed for this postings, but this is just my opinion.
> Alex

Not a flame, but some suggestions for all who add screen savers.
1. Ultra-cleanliness is essential. Clean the screen and around the edge of
the screen. Use something like Klear-Screen or Brain Wash. Canned air for
that final dusting of everything is also important. Wash your hands with
soap and dry thoroughly. White cotton gloves for handling photo negatives
would not be wasted on anything that covers your screen.
2. Work in a low dust area. Don't put your head over the clean screen, if
possible don't even breathe on it after cleaning.
3. All plastic covers will decrease sharpness and contrast to a certain
extent. When light refracts as it passes through from one medium to another
there will be a percentage of scatter. That's one of the laws of physics,
and it is almost impossible to get around it.
4. The best covers were the last couple of batches of "The Barrier" by
RoadRunner. Unfortunately that material is no longer available. They
actually improved the feel of the screen and used some surface texture that
didn't hurt the contrast and had almost no reflection. Mark is doing the
best he can.
5. Smile and enjoy your Newt any way you can.

--
Jim Johnston
Teacher