Re: [NTLK] Word docs to eMate (was: eMates for sale $99 update)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 12:54:10 EDT

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Samuel Jacobson wrote:

> So far I do not recall having had any problems using the NCU for backups
> or for downloading packages to the Newton from my WinTel. The problems have
> primarily come from trying to get word files onto my eMate (either from
> routing the file to the eMate via the WinTel itself or from routing the
> file to the eMate from the Newton itself (both are processes of getting the
> file imported from the WinTel word program to the eMate's Newton Works)).
>
> Any thoughts?

Silly question: What version of Word are you using?

Depending on the version of Word, you could load (a copy of!) your
document into WordPad (the small little word processor included with all
versions of Windows), save from there to RTF, and then try to import that
RTF file with NCU. Just a suggestion...