Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 22:34:36 EST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 11/30/01 1:13 PM, the entity
known as Brian transmitted the following from bmcewen_at_mediaone.net:

> Comcast, at least, has been using other (RR/ATT) broadband besides @Home
> (thus, "exclusively" above) since June; since that's the way I'm hooked up
> (and for most people who started with ComCast since June unless they were
> unfortunate enough to be in some certain localities, there's not a problem
> for recent subscribers. Switching away from @Home has been going on for a
> bit, now.

???? Where are *you* located? AFAIK, in Northern Virginia at least,
Comcast uses @Home exclusively and has still been signing folks up
continually, even after the whole bankruptcy thing started. In fact,
Comcast told me flat out (in answer to an inquiry as to the extent of
service loss if @Home disappeared) that @Home runs 100% of everything. All
the DNS servers, mail servers, web servers, firewalls, routers, etc. -- in
other words EVERYTHING. The only thing Comcast provides is the cable
medium.

- Eric.