Re: [NTLK] [OT] More on Apple wont fix it!

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 21:59:21 EST

>On 12/1/01 @ 5:15 AM, BK wrote:
>
>I'm aware of that and I avoided to do this when I could,
>but sometimes I just didn't have the time and needed to
>get back to work. What I did, was put it in the frigde
>for 5 minutes or so and afterwards I still left it alone
>for another 20-25 minutes. Without this procedure it took
>about 2-3 hours before it would boot again.
>
>Anyway, I was travelling on business when it started and
>the domestic Apple service didn't even know the 2400
>existed (it was specifically designed for Japan originally
>and later also sold in the US, but not elsewhere) so they
>didn't want to fix it. Eventually, I bought an iBook and
>didn't touch the 2400 for over a year before I sold it.

Interesting.

I didn't realize that the 2400 was such a "hot" machine!

FWIW, I had a buddy who used his for a server, for a period of time.
Another fellow that I knew used his all the time when traveling. Neither
had the heat problems that you had.

I wonder what was different?

The 2400 is still expensive. Just saw a nice one for 80,000 yen
(Although cheaper than the eMate at 89,000 yen). I was thinking of
getting one and putting a G3 upgrade in it since it had SCSI and PC card
slots which come in handy at times.

Thanks for the tidbit.

Regards,

Sushi