Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 01:36:14 EST

Uh....Laurent...I hate to give you bad news, but
you're one of the ones that will be affected by this
excite problem...
See the article:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011129/tc/excite_internet_access_3.html
(if wrapped, cut and paste)
Excerpts read:
"Comcast and Cox Communications, two top cable
distributors of the AtHome high-speed service, said
they are building their own high-speed networks to
take its place, though those were not expected to be
completed until sometime next year."
"We are doing everything we can to make sure that
doesn't happen,'' Cox spokeswoman Susan Leepson said
of the potential shutdown. ``There are active
negotiations right now with all the parties
involved.''

Cox and Comcast had decided in June to stop offering
Internet access exclusively through ExciteAtHome. Both
companies said in August they would stop using
ExciteAtHome altogether next year.

Cox Communications, which has about 550,000 customers
using ExciteAtHome, originally planned to have its own
network ready by June and is accelerating that
schedule, though a completion date has not been set,
Leepson said."

So, don't go recommending Cox! At least not
yet...kinda makes me glad now I'm on my piddley
144kbps DLS!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:

> On 11/29/01 3:58 PM, "Eric L. Strobel"
> <fyzycyst_at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > at the temporal coordinates: 11/29/01 3:48 PM, the
> entity known as James
> > Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com conveyed the
> following:
> >

> >> MacAddict says that you can.

> unsubscribe and subscribe to
> business any time soon.

> stuff? Do they have dialup
> >>

> > Actually, I just went to that article and it
> appeared to my reading that an
> > OS 8.1 could NOT use it, at least not w/o going to
> 'heroic' measures.
> >
> > My plan right now is to dust off my 33.6 modem,
> load the s/w on one of my
> > machines and just use the AOL account. If the
> shutdown appears it will be
> > long/permanent, I'll probably get EarthLink DSL.
> Unless anyone in the
> > DC/NoVA area knows of a reason not to go with
> them, that is... My quick
> > research (based on the Washington Post's page that
> presents all the local
> > DSL providers) is that they appear to have the
> best deal. And, apparently
> > my neighborhood *can* get DSL now.
> >
> > BTW, anyone have any favorite e-mail
> aliasing/forwarding providers to
> > recommend??
>
> Eric,
>
> Don't know where you are actually in the NoVA/DC
> area, but I'm in Herndon
> and I'm subscribed to Cox Cable service. They have a
> decent price of $29.95
> a month and so far, their service is quite good.
> Goes offline from time to
> time, but they usually fix it pretty quickly.
>
> -Laurent.
> --

> Laurent Daudelin Developer,
> Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
> mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> Washington, DC, USA

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -