Re: [NTLK] Bad *pen* recognition

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 10:10:21 EST

You do not have to disassemble the Newton to clean the screen! Just use
a business card (or something similar) to put under the screen around the
edges. Push the card between the screen and the case and run it around
the entire screen edge pulling any dirt or grit towards you. This will
clean the screen and help prevent "jaggies".

>Hi..
>
>Well, I have seen this before. I had a MP 120 that did this, and it
>resolved in being some small dirt in the edge of the screen,
>
>The solution, before you trough it out the door, is to clean it, but
>this is not easy, since you have to take it apart and clean the screen
>edges.
>
>Hope it helps!
>
>On Tuesday, November 20, 2001, at 03:33 PM, Bryan Todd Oakley wrote:
>
>> I just got a 2000>2100 on eBay. I rec'd it in pretty good condition. I
>> was upgrading from a 110,
>> so it was amazing! But now I can't seem to get the alignment or
>> something to related to work.
>> Sometimes, the alignment is *way* off and sometimes the handwriting
>> represented on the screen is
>> totally whacked. It draws straight lines backwards and sometimes, even
>> though I am writing
>> "correctly" it overwrites the previous letters with the new ones.
>> Needless to say, It seems almost
>> unbearable.
>
>Jakob Peterh=94nsel
>System Designer