Re: [NTLK] Offline electronic newspaper functionality requested

From: Steve Scotten (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 18:53:48 EST

Sorry, but all I have is a "me too" post.

I've got a little resentment about this too, because I was shot down in
flames not too long ago when I pointed out that there are a few things
I can do on my palm that I can't do on Newt. One of those things is "use
AvantGo to download scheduled content." There was a chorus of "use
newt'scape" that rose up on the list.

OK, well, I do use Newt'sCape. There's no way to get web pages off of the
web using the desktop machine as a proxy like AvantGo's conduit, but
that's OK. I went and bought an ethernet card so I could connect to the
Net directly from Newt. OK.

So now how do I schedule regular downloads? I've asked this again and again.
The feature in Newt'sCape doesn't seem to stick. Every time I change the
interval, it changes itself back to "immediate." So maybe there's another way?

Sorry, maybe I've got more than a little resentment. I'd love to get an
answer to this question too. And the way to get an answer isn't by me
being such a jerk and complaining about other people.

However, maybe I can inflame some of the other overgrown egos (other than my
own) on the list by saying the following as a challenge to PLEASE prove me
wrong:

It can't be done on a Newt. You have to go buy a Palm.

Steve