Re: [NTLK] Offline electronic newspaper functionality requested

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 00:10:53 EST

on 21/11/01 18:53, Steve Scotten at splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:

> Sorry, but all I have is a "me too" post.
>
> I've got a little resentment about this too, because I was shot down in
> flames not too long ago when I pointed out that there are a few things
> I can do on my palm that I can't do on Newt. One of those things is "use
> AvantGo to download scheduled content." There was a chorus of "use
> newt'scape" that rose up on the list.
>
> OK, well, I do use Newt'sCape. There's no way to get web pages off of the
> web using the desktop machine as a proxy like AvantGo's conduit, but
> that's OK. I went and bought an ethernet card so I could connect to the
> Net directly from Newt. OK.
>
> So now how do I schedule regular downloads? I've asked this again and again.
> The feature in Newt'sCape doesn't seem to stick. Every time I change the
> interval, it changes itself back to "immediate." So maybe there's another way?

You'd be better off asking Steve Weyer directly as he's the one that wrote
Newtscape...

-Laurent.

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else; esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix A).