Re: [NTLK] Decompiling Newtonbooks:

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 18:23:42 EST

> From: eric engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com>
>>
> Decompiling Newtonbooks:
>
> I presume Microslave Word has a unicode to ascii
> converter: still if there are any easy ways to convert
> newtonbooks to .doc or similar formats I am
> interested.

I don't know of desktop tools. some users have just opened the raw .pkg in a
text editor and discarded embedded binary header and other random stuff.

on the Newton itself, you can use the HTMList plugin for Newt's Cape to save
a book as HTML or a formatted doc in Newtworks
  http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#HTMList

--
Steve