Re: [NTLK] SER-001

From: Greg Goodwin (drclu_at_swbell.net)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 18:43:39 EST

>>Some have
>complained that the Newton dongle port was weak, but I've maintained a
>delicate touch and it has remained intact.>

     Well truth be told, the regular serial port is quite weak. I've had my Newton 2000 roughly five months after it's release, and after a while, the serial port is moved enough that the sodder breaks loose the the connector falls off. They re-enforced the serial port with some plastic brads, but those don't last long.
     My advice to anyone... look into those plastic brads on the sides of the serial connector and replace them with something more sturdy before your serial port breaks loose from wear. (Of course, do this under advisement and let a skilled person look into this... as I did.) :)

     Talk soon,

      Doctor Clu