[NTLK] About those eMates which are for sale

From: Richard Harbottle (r.harbottle_at_ic.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 14:39:27 EST

Well it appears that all good things (from PowerOn) come at a price. The
eMates are still available, but, now the company realises that there is
(more) money to be made from us. (From the price of shipping it appears he
is going to hand deliver the machines himself.) I include my communication
with Jamie from PowerOn.

_
Hello,
I have been informed (via the NewtonTalk mailing list) that you have some
Apple eMate computers available for sale. Could you let me know how much it
would cost to buy 3 of these from you and have them shipped to London in the
UK?
Thank you,
Richard

-> Emates $149.99, Shipping to UK $175.00, $624.99 Total

Hi Jamie,
Thank you for getting back to me. I was under the impression that the eMates
were $99. I met someone yesterday who just received one from you at that
price.
Could you check for me please?
Regards,
Richard

-> due to a limited supply and tremendous response the price is now
$149.99.
Shipping to the UK for 3 units $175.00. Total $624.99

So there we have it.

Richard