Re: [NTLK] Newton Banner

From: David Nett (troilus1_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 12:38:30 EST

> Wow, they have some cool stuff there... are
> there any other ways to get my
> hand upon new and uncommon Apple merch., except
> crossing the ocean to visit
> an AppleStore?

The new Apple Stores don't have this stuff --
t-shirts, posters and such. They deal in hardware
and software only (tho I think Apple would be
smart to stock a limited number of t-shirts and
stuff). The reason Redlightrunner can charge so
much is that most of this merchandise can be
found (or, for older items, could be found) only
at the Apple Campus store in Cupertino. I was
there maybe 6 months ago, and saw items for sale
at half the price RLR sells them for. But that
store, to my knowledge, does not ship the stuff,
so, unless you can get to Cupertino, your only
recourse is to go to RLR. So, while
Redlightrunner can sell the "silver apple logo
keychain" for 69.95 (
http://www.redlightrunner.com/redlightrunner/silaplogkey.html
), I got mine at the Apple Campus Store for
$29.99 or somesuch. The $30.00 markup is huge,
but I suppose somewhat less than the cost of a
plane ticket to SanFran or SanJose and a cab ride
to Cupertino.

=====