Re: [NTLK] Dongle Port Broken

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 11:07:23 EST

> So overall, should I get the NIC fixed AND get SER-001, or one or the
> other? Also, anyone know of a place I could get a StyleWriter of
> LaserWriter? What is the estimate on price for any of these options?
If you can part with your Newton and know of a good skilled friend who could
repair the connector then let it fix. The SER-001 is however definitly worth
its price and might be the only choice for you if you cant get the NIC
fixed. But you might not even get a SER-001, are they still made or is the
shop closed? David??
I got a used (3000 pages :-) Apple Personal LaserWriter 320 for about 60USD
which works excellent. I also got an elder Personal LaserWriter NT which
worked as well but is about 8 times larger and as twice as slow as the 320.
Also printing to pure Windoze printers like the Lanier 6265 (laserprinter
and copy machine) or the HP DeskJet 895Cxi with PrintPack works fine for me.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing