Re: [NTLK] x10.nwt Newt 3.4

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 04:52:38 EST

> From: "Charles Lewis" <cjkjlewis_at_home.com>
>
> This msg is in reguards to William H. Ball's "x10.nwt"
> Using Newt to control the CP290 x-10 home controller.
>
> It was written to use Sloup and Newt(Steve) and build pkg on the Newton.
>
> I go to build app (UMP2K) and I get all kinds of errors (eval log). Has
> anyone had any experience with this? I would really appreciate any help or
> direction.
>
> It is located at http://www.unna.org/unna/development/source/x10/
> I may also try just taking the scripts written by Ball and build with
> NTK -???.
>
> Offline mailto:cjkjlewis_at_home.com

X10 uses "protoEndpoint" -- a 1.x proto, which although an early version
might be in the ROM, the platform function version is the one to use. so if
you're a registered NDE user, just include the CommCnst plugin (which also
defines the simpler constants: opSetRequired, etc.)

if you don't have any of the additional NewtDevEnv plugins, you won't be
able to build this, so you could port it to NTK (interestingly, this was
originally in NTK and he ported to NDE)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com