Re: [NTLK] Wireless + TCP/IP (www)

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 08:27:03 EST

> What exactly I need is connect these Newtons to a single Mac running a
> webserver. And Newtons need to be able to connect to this website
> (wireless) using a single webbrowser (like newtscape) and people using
> Newtons read infos in this website.
Would it acceptable to store the actual web content on the Newtons and
update it only once a day or is your information really changing each few
minutes? All the Newton models before MP2kx suffer from not running NIE2.0.
With NIE1.1.1 you can have internet connection only via modem or serial and
I doubt that any Airport or wireless network card will work in the elder
models.

Another feasible solution would be updating the information with beaming and
using the teachers software of a eMate. This would let you beam to multiple,
maybe even 100 MP130 :-)

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing