[NTLK] (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Marcus Hilderbrand (marcusah_at_crosswinds.net)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 16:18:05 EST

Hey,

You know what tolkien's dead! did anyone ever consider that fact when they posted "flames" and arguements about copyright. Indeed some company somewhere holds a copyright but then are not all "classic" books and texts and other books that are in newton format copyrighted? if so then th 100's of books out there ( most of them are in violation of a copyright ) yet we ignor that and focus on LOTR which is not right. If we are to have a copyright issue it should be with all "classics" that have been converted to newton book format. If permission was given to convert these books to an electronic format from the publisher ( or who ever holds the copyright ) then that would be one thing but they would lose a lot of money in doing so. So back to the copyright issue I guess sometimes you must ignor it and other times you must not.

Confused? I am too. It's just that thre should be no discussion about copyright on "one" book because it might bring up the same issue with other books ( converted to newt that is ) anyway we best drop it unless we wont the people who worked so hard to convert these different books to newton format in trouble or jail or something like that.

Keep the green out of jail.

Marcus Hilderbrand
marcusah_at_crosswinds.net