Re: [NTLK] newton 2000 parts

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 02:31:11 EST

If you can get a "doner" newt that is already dead
cheap, that would be one way. If you got the bux, you
can try the "frozen newt" (don't have the URL handy,
but check the archives for frozen newt). I don't
recomend ti due to the extreme price, but it is quite
unique.
You can try and develop your own mold and create your
own case. There's been quite a bit of talk on this
list about that, but no one's gone ahead and done
anything...I guess there is no need to at this
point...Then there's Apple. For $180, they will fix
everything. I'm a recipient of this fair trade...they
worked over my Newt but good! In return for my $195
(with shipping) then gave me basically a new Newt!
Based on what I sent them, I have say that I am
pleased with the results!
Other than that, you can just live with it the way it
is and rejoice in it's battle scars and proudly show
them off to the other, more frailer cousins in the PDA
world...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Brad Padgett <bpadgett_at_kscable.com> wrote:

> have acquired my first Newton---a 2000
> non-upgraded---and am enjoying it.
> The case however leaves much to be desired as mine
> has a chunk broke out of
> it at the bottom near the battery compartment.
> Does anyone know where or
> if I can get a better case for it? It works great
> but I just want to
> improve the looks for showing it off!!!
>
> Any help is appreciated
>

> Thanks
>

> Brad Padgett

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...