[NTLK] Dock Utilities

From: Robert Downs (rkadowns_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 01:44:27 EST

Okay, just upgraded from a MP130 to a UMP2K and have to ask the
following:

I see screenshots of MP2K's out there with all kinds of goodies in the
"dock" or "launcher". Whatever it's called. Looks like a lot can be
done with it. What would you MP2K users suggest as the "can't live
without" enhancements?

Also, I don't have a dongle. What is the estimated cost for the
ser-001+ gonna be, and is there any schematics out there that include
part numbers from say Digikey that would allow me to build my own
dongle? Does AMP make the type of connector the MP2K uses?

It's painfully obvious SJ has/had a wild hair up his a$$ when deciding
to absorb Newton Inc. I love my MP130. Perfectly usable for what it
can do even today. However the MP2K is unbelievable. Here I have a
1997 era device that today is just being realized by the rest of the
Apple coined PDA market. I'm a prior iPaq (Psion, Sharp, Casio, Palm,
and Magic Cap too) owner, and yet color and all, it cannot compete in
any way with the 2K for the exception of calendar synchronization
abilities. I would NOT trade the size of this mono screen for any color
screen. Unless it was a color MP2K. 8^) UI/OS means so much in small
device, and the Newton has it right. Magic Cap was pretty damn good too
though, and it's gone now as well.

I wish I owned enough voting Apple stock to petition to bring the Newt
back.

Oh, wow, it's getting late! Was dozing off for a minute there....

Advanced thanks for any help.