NTLK Re: Palm Desktop Synch

From: Clinton Slaughter (clintslaughter@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 12:55:40 CDT

Regarding:
>>It seems to be getting all
>>the info from the MP, then attempting to write it to the chosen Palm
>>Desktop file, but I get instead: "The operation was not completed
>>because the following error has occurred: Unable to access file.
>>Verify that the file is closed, you have enough disk space, and that
>>the device is not write locked."

This happens because the palm desktop installs the app in the menubar to
access your dates at all times. If your main file was the last palm desktop
file you used, the menubar app keeps it "pseudo-open" and during the
synching process the file cannot be accessed. You do not have to change the
file type, just open a blank Palm Desktop file and close your main file
before you quit. You can then still select your main file to synch with but
it's not open. Beware of synching, however, you might get doubles or
triples on your newt. The best way seems to do a straight export from your
newt of names, notes, and dates separately, open one in in Palm Desktop and
merge the others in. This avoids repeating dates/names even though it is
only a one-way transfer.
Clint Slaughter

http://profiles.msn.com.