RE: NTLK Washington DC area Newton get-together

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@eudoramail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 16:37:10 CDT

At 01:06 PM 9/8/00 -0400, Paul E. Filmer wrote:
>Any ideas on how to net-conference this? I'm not quite that net-savvy as to
>attempt that.

I have set up one or two of these projects in my previous life. You have a
camera team at the location feeding it back to your encoding servers which
pump the conference out to the rest of the world. Interactivity can be had
through either one or two-way messaging (the clients I worked with loved
push polling).

The tech partner I had been working with was billing about $5K Cdn/hour of
video.