NTLK Tibet

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken@imageguild.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 09:07:58 CDT

If you're interested in Tibet, here's the scoop on my eBay auction. The
seller of the big bundle of Newton goodies has granted me permission to
distribute the activation code (read: serial number) for the demo version of
Tibet.

He still holds the copyright and the source code and has not transferred
either to me. Contrary to some recent posting, it is not okay to post serial
numbers to software unless you own the source code and its copyrights.

I asked him if I could charge a small fee for the distribution and he has
declined at this time. I was hoping to find a few honest people that would
help me defray the cost of this huge purchase. I didn't expect him to permit
it, however so that's fine by me.

He is allowing me to distribute the code however and we agreed that
including it in the sale of any items would add value to any such sale and
turn some of us into "legitimate users". :)

At this point, through me is the only way to acquire a legitimate activation
code for Tibet. He has no plans to distribute any other way.

Probably, any of these items that I auction will include the activation code
for the demo version of Tibet. Each posting will list whether or not it's
included.

Stay tuned,

ken