Re(2): NTLK Strange problems with Geocities & QuickNewts...

From: Josh Burker (Josh_Burker@misd.wednet.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 09:18:24 CDT

newtontalk@planetnewton.com writes:
>Chris Browder wrote:
>>
>> Laurent - I don't have OS 9... :(
>> --
>
>Chris,
>
>I've seen on a few sites how to "hack" the iTools installer to be able
>to install the tools on pre-MacOS 9 systems. Check MacFixit or
>Macintouch.

You might need to create the account on an OS 9 Mac, as Apple's changed
the web site part of the enrollment so you can't "hack" a new account from
anything less than an OS 9 Mac.

I created an account from my OS 9 Mac for a teacher at the school where I
work, then I simply copied the AppleShare extension from my Mac to hers
(running 7.6.1). Voila, you can access your iDisk from a 7.6.1 Mac.

However, it's unlikely that the web page part will work with anything less
than OS 9 as they are using WebObjects, which very well might require
parts of OS 9 to really work correctly.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Josh Burker