Re: NTLK MacinTalk documentation

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 03:38:25 CDT

>Going to make NCQ use NewtonTalk? That'd be cool. Basically, as I
>recall, all you really have to do to make your Newton speak some text is
>call PlaySound and pass TEXT instead of a sound (assuming Macintalk is
>installed).

Yes. You can also call PlaySound with a special soundframe with text
in it. I don't recall exactly what I did, but I probably published
it. I prefer this method since we could always imagine some software
using the playsound method as well. Besides, the PlaySound with this
sound frame works even with the prefs package installed since it is
basically the way the system works: macintalk defines a new codec.

Regards,

Paul

--
P&M Consulting Newton Program