NTLK Problems with mp2000!

From: Patrik Sund (patrik.sund@swipnet.se)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 05:36:27 EDT

After been reding the list for a while i´m hopping for a little help with my newton 2000.

I used to have a mp130 and it worked perfekt, but a little bit slow. Then i bought a mp2000 and it is relly fast but eversince then been trouble. One of the major problems is that it frezes all the time. I tried all diffrent solutions with no succes, like restart, brainwipe, hardreset and installed lastest os 717260. What happens is that when i trie to restart or if the battery has run out, it wont start anymore. It can take days for me to get it started again and i always have to remove the batterys and all the cards before i can get it to start again. I feel that i cant trust the newton with any important information. Plese any suggestions?

Problem number two is that my mp130 was using a pmcia card, Microcom travelcard Fast 28.8 and it worked perfekt for email. But in the mp2000 i cant get it to work at all, i tried both NIE 1.1 and NIE 2.0 with the same modem drivers. It reponse and start dalling but cant make the connection, i traid with a regular modem (Us robotics 33.6) and that worked fine. Any suggetions?

One last thing, have anyone tried to use the Irda port to connect to a cellure telephone? I got a Nokia 7110 gsm and it would be great if would connect with the Newton.

Hope my english is reable for you all, i´m from Sweden you know.
Hopping for reply, thanks!
Regurds, Patrik

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!