RE: NTLK Re:MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 17:57:04 EDT

>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:49:08 -0400
>From: "Filmer, Paul E" <pfilmer@nsf.gov>
>To: "'newtontalk@planetnewton.com'" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: RE: NTLK Re:MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

>Even if you have a NuShield installed, there will still be a small space
>between the NuShield and the case where grit can get stuck and cause the
>jaggies - only the size of the particle needed to cause this is now much
>smaller.

>Moral - clean your screen. Clean the space between the case and the
>screen, or the case and the NuShield regularly. Any shield product will
>help preserve your screen from most scratches, but it will not _absolutely_
>prevent the jaggies.
>
>Paul F.

Absolutely, Paul. However, I will take one issue with the above
comments. NuShields will fit the entire MP2X00 screen with no gaps. The
film is 129mm long and this is just long enough to cover the entire
screen. The margin of error is very small, the screen is 128mm long so
there is a 0.5 mm overlap top and bottom. If you have a gap, you need to
slide it up or down to cover it. I could make them longer, but this will
make installation a bit more difficult.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.net> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!