RE: NTLK Message Pad 120

From: Ben Doughney (ben_d@clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:54:19 EDT

>Michael,
>
>Good point. After checking, the OS is V1.2 and I think that it used to be
>1.3 (does that make more sense)??... What are the chances of finding a V2.0
>upgrade or should I not bother and instead focus my energies on the search
>for a second hand MP2XXX?

After having a MP120 with OS 2.0 for about a year, I upgraded just
recently to a 2000. I can tell you that it is well worth spending money
on, it's just so FAST! You will also notice a big difference with the
handwriting recognition in speed and accuracy as it is vastly improved
over the older 1.3 OS. (The system in the 2000 is OS version 2.1, which
is quite a lot different to the 2.0 OS on the 120).
     One of the main benefits of the 2000 is the memory difference, it
has got a lot more memory than the 120, and can have a lot more
applications installed at a time. You will notice as you install more
applications on the MP 120, it will start to chug along a bit slower, but
you can install a lot more applications on the 2000 before you notice any
difference in speed. Other benefits of the 2000 over the 120 are the
backlit screen, increased screen size and resolution, and it has 2 PCMCIA
card slots, allowing you to use a modem, and have a memory card installed
at the same time.

Ben Doughney

Director
AdMac Inc.