Re: NTLK Connecting Newton to Internet through Mac

From: Doug Fuss (dfuss@ct.freei.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 09:51:40 EDT

> Based on my current settings, I have opted to connect using LocalTalk and
> was unable to find a MacIP Gateway.

On your Newton's Internet Setup choose to connect via ethernet, then enter
the "masquerading" IP settings outlined in the IPNetRouter manual. Enter the
exact DNS addresses in the manual (they begin 255.255.255.1 as I recall) and
and your ISP's DNS and you shouldn't have a problem.

The Newt never appears to look for a Mac IP gateway as it appears to do when
you Dock or Xport. When you tap "connect" it just begins logging in to the
internet and presto, you're connected and downloading e-mail or surfing.

Good luck,

Doug

douglas.fuss.pc.86@aya.yale.edu
ICQ: 63846722

What, sir, would the people of the earth be without woman?
They would be scarce, sir, almighty scarce.

Samuel L. Clemens

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!